Do You Have Pre-Diabetes?
A special “Lunch and Learn” educational session featuring a guest appearance by NBA Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins
Wednesday, November 10, Noon-1 p.m., Healthplex® Sports Club, Basketball Court
In recognition of Diabetes Awareness Month, Mary Jane McDevitt, R.N., B.S.N., CDE, program coordinator for the Crozer-Keystone Center for Diabetes, will discuss:
- Nutrition and diabetes prevention
- Exercise and its relationship with diabetes
- Obesity and its relationship to insulin resistance
- Understanding diabetes terminology
For more information, call 610-328-8920. Learn more about the Center for Diabetes at http://diabetes.crozer.org.
Healthy Living with Diabetes
Saturday, November 13, 2010, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Springfield Hospital, 190 West Sproul Road, Springfield, PA
The Crozer-Keystone Health System Center for Diabetes is proud to recognize American
Diabetes Month with a free, comprehensive, community education event. The event will feature a health fair that will include free screenings and information about diabetes risk factors provided by Crozer-Keystone departments and national vendors. FREE FLU SHOTS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE!
- 8-10 a.m. Free Glucose and Cholesterol Screenings: Patients are required to begin fasting at midnight in order to have the screening done at the health fair. Free screening vouchers will be given after 10 a.m., and to those who forgot to fast.
- 9 a.m. Treating Diabetes: Featuring Ruth Ann Fitzpatrick, M.D., CKHS Endocrinologist
- 10:15 a.m. The Effect of Diabetes on the Eye: Featuring Christopher Williams, M.D., chief of Ophthalmology at Crozer-Chester Medical Center
- 11:30 a.m. How Do You Eat an Elephant? Knowledge is Power: Overcoming the Emotional Impact of Diabetes: Featuring Patty Haney, mid-Atlantic regional manager for Johnson and Johnson
- Those who have pre-diabetes or diabetes.
- Those who have a loved one with pre-diabetes or diabetes.
- Those who just want to learn more about the disease.
Nursing professionals are eligible to receive 3 continuing education credits for attending the three lectures.
Crozer Keystone Health System Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Center For Diabetes Wound Care Support Group and Special Guest Speaker
Thursday, December 9th, 2010, 6:30 - 7:30 PM
Support Group, 7:30 – 8:15 PM
Crozer- Keystone Health System, Springfield Hospital, 190 West Sproul Rd., Springfield, PA 19064,
1st Floor Conference Room
1st Floor Conference Room
Please call 610-328-8918
All programs are free
Special Guest Speaker:
Catie Sommers, Program Director, Center for Wound Healing, Hyperbaric Medicine
- Common Wounds
- Wound Prevention
- What is Hyperbaric Medicine?
- Treatment of Diabetes – Related Wounds