Friday, September 10, 2010

Guide for Behavioral Health Services for Children and Adolescents in Philadelphia

Public Citizens for Children and Youth (PCCY) has released A Guide to Outpatient Behavioral Health Services for Philadelphia County’s Children and Adolescents Enrolled in Medical Assistance and CHIP. If you or someone you know has a child or adolescent with behavioral health problems, this guide is for you.

According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, as many as 20% of all children and adolescents have behavioral health concerns. If you are concerned that your child may belong to this group, there is help for you! This guide can help you determine whether or not your child may need behavioral health services and how to go about obtaining these services for your child. This guide also addresses common questions, such as:
  • What is outpatient treatment?
  • How do I access behavioral health treatment?
  • How long will my child wait to access outpatient services?
  • How long will my child be in therapy?
  • What resources are available for drug and alcohol treatment for children and adolescents?
  • What if my child needs medication?
  • And more...
This helpful guide also lists locations of Behavioral Health Centers and other parenting support groups and resources.

For more information, contact:
Public Citizens for Children and Youth (PCCY)
1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Sixth Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103

No comments:

Post a Comment